Human Resources (HR) is a department dominated by process heavy administrative tasks. These tasks are often repetitive and still largely managed by manual processes – highly time consuming, inefficient and costly. As other parts of the organisation look to map a successful future using digital transformation, the HR department must follow. Intelligent workflow automation of certain processes has the potential to catapult the efficiency of the HR function to new heights. Benefits are huge – the internal client base has a far better experience with the HR team and reducing the time spent on tedious manual tasks motivates staff to focus on more complex strategic tasks.
We at AUTTO acknowledge the vital role HR plays in bespoke human interaction and can never see a time where HR will be fully automated. However, automation can be used to support this important human element provided by HR. Consider the benefits of automating the following:
This must be the most obvious and strongest argument for automation. With a third of senior HR management believing they are trying to create a better candidate experience for new employees but only 12% of employees strongly agreeing their company does a great job onboarding¹, something is clearly going wrong. Employee satisfaction starts from day one and facing a day or more of endless form filling when starting a new role does not set the right tone. We would recommend using automation to improve for example:
- All new joiner and user forms
- IT equipment set up
- HR profile creation
- Orientation scheduling
Employee day-to-day administration
In our opinion, the second most obvious area to automate. Imagine a department where the following is seamlessly processed and takes a fraction of the time it currently wastes:
- Employee data entry and change of status updates
- Annual leave requests
- Payroll and Audit checks
- Tax form generation
Why automate these HR tasks?
The benefits of automating these paper-heavy repetitive tasks are enormous. Some of the key ones we can see include:
- Greater employee satisfaction, less frustration and time wasted
- Improvement of reputation as a good ‘people place’ valuing its employees which in turn can attract higher talent
- Time saved on admin which can be used on more complex strategic tasks internally within the department
- Reduction of human error and the complexities solved in correcting these
- Improve poor audit trails – automation automatically generates audit logs to ensure compliance and reduce error
- Produces analytics to validate HR decisions
- Replaces ageing systems that don’t integrate or “talk” to other systems across the enterprise
- Saving the actual physical and environmental cost of paper shuffling!
The best part? No, IT knowledge is needed! Using a simple drag and drop function, AUTTO is user-friendly and easy to implement. Helping you spend more time on your employees and growing the business! Why not try a FREE TRIAL?
¹Sage “The Changing the Face of HR Research” report at gallup.com/workplace/242252/employee-experience.aspx